Crunchy pistachio and lemon cookies
Written by : Jasmine Cuisine
Published on : 18-04-2019
Jasmine Cuisine propose a delicious recipe of amazing cookies, greedy and crisp, overflowing with pistachios and lemon zest, created with vegan mayonnaise!
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Servings : 20 à 24 cookies
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of Mama Yo! mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios chopped
- The zest of a big lemon, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the mayonnaise and vanilla extract and mix with the wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are completely absorbed and the dough is homogeneous.
- Add the chopped pistachios and lemon peel and mix. The dough will be thick and shiny.
- Form balls of the size of a ping-pong ball and place on the prepared plate spacing them at least 2 inches apart (the cookies will expand while cooking). Flatten the balls slightly with the flat of the hand.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes, one plate at a time. Then let stand for 3 minutes on the plate before transferring to a rack to let cool completely.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 7 days.